Friday, June 11, 2010

Glad It's Friday

Boy am I glad this week is almost over. I am mentally drained. Not from any medical crap, just work crap. I'm looking forward to the weekend and getting some rest. But as crazy as things have been at work, I can say that they could have been much worse. I could tell that God was working right along with me helping me though the week. Looking back on it it's kind of cool to stop and reflect. Projects got delayed that bought me more time to work on them and fix things that needed fixin'. Other projects were cancelled all together freeing up time for me to work on more important issues. And people were available in the office that usually weren't to provide me some help and support. It's just another example of how you can look to the Lord for guidance and strength to get you through whatever you may be facing. But there was one thing I did try hard to do this week. Keep fighting. There were times that I felt that what I had in front of me was going to be utterly overwhelming and that there was no way that I could get it done. But I made up my mind that I wasn't going to sit around and worry about it (which is a huge deal for me, by the way) and I wasn't going to try and find an easy way out. No matter what, I was going to lean on God through it all. And because of that God helped me every step of the way. It seemed that the harder I worked the smoother things went. Not because I did anything different or spectacular, just that little things happened that made it all okay. And as I saw those little things happen I became encouraged and wanted to push through to the end. It has made me realize that no matter what we face in life, medical problems, relationship problems, work problems, even money problems, we need to be willing to jump right in the middle of whatever it is and work at it. And I mean really work at it. Even if we're not sure that what we're doing is the best thing for the situation at least be willing to try. Because if we do, God will put in just as much effort as we will. He won't let us down if we look to Him for guidance and strength. It reminds me of the Israelites getting ready to cross the Jordan and take their promised land. They were facing large armies and strong kingdoms, but God told them in Joshua 1:9, "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." I'm pretty sure that can be applied to pretty much everything in our lives today.

No comments:

Post a Comment