Thursday, May 27, 2010

Is this thing on?

I came to the realization today that I really need to blog more often. The time between posts is getting longer and longer. Why? I love to write and I love to tell stories. Goodness knows that I can bore someone to death with stories from days gone by. But why don't I want to write anymore? I thought about that today and I finally figured it out. Mentally, I feel that I need to be inspired to write so that it's actually something that people will want to read. So with that I churn things over and over in my mind trying to formulate my thoughts. Then I get to thinking that what I want to talk about will take too long, will be too verbose or won't have any impact. So then do you know what I do? Nothing. I just think that I'll get to it later and It'll be really good when I do but it never happens. I need to learn that everything doesn't have to be perfect on the first try and that I need to get in the habit of just trying and see what happens. I'm sure if I do then the inspiration and ideas will work themselves out. So, I'm going to try and put the proverbial pen to paper on a daily basis. Lord knows that I need to empty my brain out more often and shake the cobwebs off of the things rolling in there. And hopefully my followers and blog stalkers will keep me accountable.

2 comments:

  1. Just do what I do and blog about completely ridiculous crap. That seems to be the most popular for the readers.

    ReplyDelete